Friday, July 3, 2009

"Wasted Vent"

As a home inspector I have found my share of unusual house modifications, but after all the years I can’t say that I have seen it all. The creativity involved in do it yourself home modifications never ceases to amaze me. I have friends that are home inspectors all over the US,and Canada that send me pictures of unusual modifications all the time. In fact I just received an interesting picture of an unusual dryer exhaust hook up for a friend and fellow home inspector in New Orleans.

I guess that the Plumbing drain waste vent vents more than I originally knew. Somebody was thinking that the drain waste vent would make a good way to vent their dryer as you see in the picture Jerry sent.

If you have any unusual stories and/or pictures please post them to the comments in this blog.

No comments: