Monday, May 5, 2008

Old Farmhouse Inspection

It was the summer of 1974, August of 1974 to be exact, and I was following a narrow graveled road to an old farmhouse I was about to do a home inspection on. As I turned into the drive of the house, the first thing I noticed was the roof sagging between the rafters. As a Home Inspector I knew it was probably from poor ventilation, and most likely not a big problem, or not one that would be expensive to repair.


Back then, I would start my home inspection at the roof, and walking the roof was the way I did the roof inspection. I got my old wooden ladder off my pick-up and went up on the roof. I found myself only able to walk where rafters were present, because of the very soft sheathing.

Later I would find a very strange problem that caused this failing roof.


You will find out what I found in my next blog.

No comments: