Thursday, May 29, 2008

I Never Heard of a Home Inspector and I am About to Become One

That next Monday at work uncle Norm told me about the structural inspections Mr. Holloway needed, and convinced me I could do them. He said I needed to inspect the foundation, framing and roof, and write a one or two page report. The part that convinced me to do the work was the part where good old Uncle Norm said, “You can charge about a $100 each and you can do them after work and on Saturdays”.

I had just got married that April and really needed the extra cash, so I said “I will do it Unc”. He told me to call Mr. Holloway and set up a day and time to do the first inspection, and assured me if I made a good impression, I would get more inspections. I called Mr. Holloway that evening and set up the inspection for the next day after work.

Join me tomorrow for my first inspection.

No comments: