Wednesday, July 9, 2008

We need Shock Collars



I won’t start out with cheesy phrases like; “Don’t be shocked what you find on a home inspection”, or “That inspection got me wired”. Okay, I guess, I can’t help myself.
But the fact of the mater is you never know what condition you may find the electric wiring in on a home inspection. Besides the outdated equipment, faulty equipment, recalled equipment, we most often find amateur wiring. Amateur wiring is just a nice way of saying poorly done and unsafe wiring. Over the years I have seen some very clever ways to wire things the wrong way.
Somebody stop these people!
The only way I know to keep this kind of stuff from happening is to make anyone working on the house wear a shock collar, and receive a good jolt any time they start to do something stupid. But until then we will keep seeing unsafe amateur wiring.
I thought I would share these pictures from a friend and a fellow home inspector in Tennessee. By the way they did not remove the main panel cover, every thing is just like they found it.




If you like pictures of unsafe wiring, let me know and I will post more.

No comments: