Thursday, June 5, 2008

Creatures in a Crawl

Crawl spaces can be dangerous to a home inspector because of live unprotected electrical wires, standing raw sewage, and also creatures. Personally, I started home inspecting in the south, so I found my share of snakes and black widow spiders, but I have heard some good stories.

I have a home inspector friend (Vic) that since he became a home inspector has been bitten by a possum, a beagle, what could have been a brown spider, attacked by a cat, someone's pet boa, a hawk and my favorite, a copperhead rattler.

It is important to dress properly to inspect a crawl space, long sleeves, boots, dust mask, a hat, and gloves will help. Also it only took one very long, very dark crawl space for me to start bringing an extra flashlight.

Vic has an uncle that had a very unusual experience in a crawl space, but you will have to tune in tomorrow to find out what it was.

No comments: